AUTOZINE TECHNICAL SCHOOL
Department of Handling
Preface and Introduction
- discuss about large-diameter, wide and low profile tires
- explain why double-wisbhones are favourable. Illustrate different types of double-wishbones suspensions.
Weight Transfer due to lateral force
- explain how cornering forces reduce overall grip and how to avoid. Weight vs down force.
Weight Transfer due to body roll
- explain how body roll reduce overall grip
- why 4WD improves cornering grip
- Tell you why we like mid-engined cars
Neutral Steer, Understeer and Oversteer
Basic concept: Slip Angle
- Explain how neutral steer, understeer and oversteer are generated.
Non-neutral steer due to Tractive Force
- Comparing FWD, RWD and 4WD cars' handling
- RWD's unique advantage
RWD versus 4WD
- which is better ?
New Trend for RWD cars
- wider and wider tires, is it a good trend for RWD cars ?
Non-neutral steer due to front/rear weight distribution
- Explain how front-engined car leads to understeer and rear-engined car leads to oversteer.
Non-neutral steer due to suspension geometry
- How camber leads to steering tendency. Camber change of different suspension designs.
Steering Feedback and Torque Steer
Chassis Rigidity's influence to handling
Copyright© 1997-2011 by Mark Wan @